- Do you have a can-do attitude?
- Passionate about human resources and organizational growth?
- Motivated and able to multi-task in a global team environment?
We seek highly motivated individuals to apply for the following position in our TOKYO office:
What is the role?
Human Resources Generalist, Japan (1-year Contract to Perm)
As a member of the global HR team, your role is to adopt best HR practice, policies, and systems which help attract, retain and mobilize high quality employees, support business priorities and promote competitive advantage. This position will contribute to the performance of Dow Jones’s business by advising and partnering with managers to enable them to effectively lead, motivate, develop and retain their people.
What are the key Responsibilities?
- Provide full local support on Japan HR functions including statutory compliance processes and tasks.
- HR administration and assist with the full employee life cycle process including hiring process, on and off-boarding programs.
- Manage targeted recruitment efforts, and to ensure employment are in line with local and global policies and legislations.
- To coordinate on logistics/documentation for international assignments and relocations, if applicable.
- Update and maintain employee information on our HR systems and files promptly and accurately.
- Work with regional People leaders in partnering with managers in Japan on day-to-day employee matters, organizational programs, design/implement solutions, performance management and provide guidance on employee related issues from time to time.
- Assist on ad hoc and special projects, when required, including those related to the development engagement programs like Wellness initiatives, and implementation of global policies, tools and practices, in addition to the handling of routine HR operational work and reports.
What do we need from you?
- Degree with minimum of 3 years’ solid generalist human resources experience.
- Good working knowledge of Japan employment law is a must. Experience in handling employee relations and union issues desirable.
- Hands-on experience in HR operations, including recruitment, compensation and benefits, HRIS and staff engagement activities.
- Independent with solid problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a variety of people at all levels.
- Good IT and HR system/tools skills. Experience in Workday, iCIMS and other global HR system preferred.
- Excellent command of English is a must.
- This is a 1-year contract role with the potential to be converted to permanent position thereafter.
What do we offer?
This position offers the right person an exceptional opportunity to develop their human resources career with one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter (in English) and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details, current and expected salary to us.
**Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted**