The Conference Manager will serve as the primary liaison for Wall Street Journal conference audiences and as the internal point of contact for all events in APAC. The role will also provide support to the execution of marketing tactics that promote Wall Street Journal conferences in APAC.
The Wall Street Journal Conferences are invitation-only for qualified executives, such as C-suite of multinational organization, the founders of growing startups as well as investors for whom the Journal's conference and events team produces and executes events and experiences throughout the year.
The Conference Manager will serve as a concierge providing services to the conference audiences, including C-suite members and invited audiences of WSJ conferences by ensuring the highest quality, “white glove” conference experience. The Conference Manager is instrumental in delivering exceptional and engaging audience experiences. He/she will implement marketing plan to promote WSJ conferences brand presence and to invite audiences for WSJ conferences.
Provide day-to-day concierge services to C-suite members in respect to onboarding experience, on-going engagements and membership renewals. Key tasks include:
- send welcoming pack to new members and follow up with personalized welcome greetings
- promote and encourage sign up for upcoming member-exclusive events
- share onsite logistic and agenda details in advance of upcoming member events
- assist with event registration and updating account and communication preferences when necessary
- solicit post event feedback and remind them of next upcoming event
- respond to member inquiries and requests via telephone and email in a timely manner
- Serve as internal contact and resource for membership related requests and services
- Align with US Conference Concierge on WSJ conference protocol and messaging. Localize them to fit APAC audiences
Promote WSJ conferences brand and audiences outreach for conferences / events:
- Work with Marketing team to execute WSJ conferences branding promotion and audiences outreach activities
- Manage and update prospects / attendees / members database for database profiling, analytic and communication purpose
- Handle internal stakeholders on WJS conferences inquiries and provide support as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a marketing/sales/customer service, relationship management or similar role.
- Good knowledge in database management, data analytic and email marketing.
- Solid experience in project management, preferably in conferences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Understands how to work with different people and different working styles across the organization and inside member companies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and Chinese. Knowledge in Japanese is preferred but not necessary.
- Positive, energetic and dynamic self-starter.
- Ability to convey and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines. Willing to work in flexible hour as required.
- Resourceful style; willingness to take initiative; manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Sets a strong example for others by working collaboratively, and in a congenial, professional manner.