Who are we?
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Financial News, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
What is my personal contribution?
We are on a mission to define, develop, and deliver incredible solutions that delight our audiences and enable us and our partner's brands to be smarter. In doing so, we will change how we do business and how the outside world views Dow Jones. We are a unified collective of intelligent thinkers and IP builders, modern makers and agile do-ers — strategically proactive and nimbly reactive in how we work. The Solutions engine is responsible for:
● Across-the-board strategic services - for clients, our businesses and our brands
● Internal consulting & planning support
● External consulting services
● Creation of complex client solutions
● Creative and production operations & services
● DJ Custom Studios - our custom content newsroom
● DJ Event Management - our event management team
What is my personal contribution?
- Supporting third party conferences: Managing logistics of shipment of stands and collateral to locations across EMEA including stand set-up for London/UK based conferences (irregular hours may be required)
- Supervision of event kit inventory Ensuring current kit (stands, banners, premiums and literature etc.) are up to date with current brand guidelines and management of associated shipping schedule in relation to planned events
- Support of Dow Jones hosted events for various business groups: The Wall Street Journal, Professional Information Business and Dow Jones Media Group. Including but not limited to: Email marketing, organizing collateral, helping with logistics/couriers, calling delegates, tracking registrants, helping on-site (irregular hours may be required), organizing distribution of publications, registering attendees, supporting invitation mailings
- Assistance with the production of creative assets: Initial brief, trafficking and proofing through internal project management system
- Guest list management: Management of various guest lists and delegate registrations, alongside associated pre, post and onsite reporting
- Small vendor management: Management of badging and photography requirements
- Premium & off-site storage management: Management of EMEA premiums including placing orders and keeping an up to date inventory – alongside overseeing off-site storage facility and re-stocking as required
- Overseeing presentations, meeting notes and post event analysis: tracking key updates, meeting minutes , reporting, feedback review, year on year metrics
- Assisting wider teams, stakeholders (internal and external) with ad-hoc tasks as required
- General administration - PO requests, invoice processing, budget tracking, general enquiries, administrative ad-hoc tasks
What do you need from me?
- A university graduate with a genuine interest in Events/Marketing
- A positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail with an inherent sense of care
- Trustworthiness and honesty
- An ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational skills
- An ability to work autonomously and be accountable for ones decisions
- A strong team-player willing to lend help to ad-hoc tasks at short notice
- A natural curiosity to understand what the events help achieve within the wider picture
- Capability to interact with various levels of internal/external stakeholders
- Strong administrative skills
- A customer focused approach to all tasks
- Additional language would be advantageous
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted