The Research Editor will be part of the Companies team, a division of Data Strategy. The Companies team manages the creation and maintenance of company data for Dow Jones including public and private, venture capital and state-owned companies.
The Research Editor’s primary responsibility will be the identification, creation and updating of company profile data for state owned companies (SOCs) using the internet and internal tools. These details are required for the Dow Jones SOC database, a global reference database of SOCs. The position holder will also contribute to other company data-related projects and tasks. Excellent research skills and attention to detail are required.
The SOC database forms part of the Dow Jones’s Risk and Compliance business which provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies -- enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
- Use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones’s own products and locally published directories.
- Extract data from the abovementioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on SOC selection and the level of corporate details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of state owned companies while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the SOC Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
- With the Manager, State Owned Companies
- With the Director, Companies Ownership Research
- With the Senior Director, Risk & Compliance Research, Companies
- With the VP of Risk and Compliance Research
- With other Data Strategy staff
- With Dow Jones groups including Product and Technology
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones’s service obligations to its Clients
- Excellent research & analytical skills. Ability to use online tools to extract key information.
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor’s degree level
- Excellent proof reading skills and organisational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Understanding of the corporate landscape in China a plus
- Fluency in English and Chinese; Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
Dow Jones offers the right professional an exceptional opportunity to develop their career with one of the world's leading financial and business information companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter, detailed resume stating your qualifications in ENGLISH, and current and expected salary to:
[Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.]