Position: Strategic Account Manager - Risk & Compliance
Reports to: Head of Corporate Sales - EMEA
Location: United Arab Emirates
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, and Barron's. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in twenty five languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Strategic Account Manager - Risk & Compliance will focus solely on the management and growth of Dow Jones Risk & Compliance client portfolio in the Middle East. These are clients that are relying on our services for their anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and third party risk management programmes. The Strategic Account Manager - Risk & Compliance will initiate sales activity with new buying centers and new prospects across the region. Client relationships are built and maintained via telephone, email, and in-person meetings. An ability to develop strong business relationships in a phone-based and in person-based environment is crucial to the success of this role. The Strategic Account Manager - Risk & Compliance is accountable for the development and implementation of sales strategies and best practices to achieve revenue objectives and targets. Given the focus on risk & compliance, the Strategic Account Manager will require extensive knowledge of compliance regulation across the region and familiarity with R&C solutions available on the market.
Position Summary Statement:
The prime focus of this role is to grow the Risk & Compliance business in the Middle East.
Based in the UAE the Strategic Account Manager - Risk & Compliance is responsible for retaining the existing portfolio of clients and for managing the complete solutions sales cycle for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance suite or products and services.
The Strategic Account Manager - Risk & Compliance will drive new business revenue through any combination of the following activities:
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS: Grow aggressively revenue for the R&C business across the region through new clients and by cross-selling/upselling existing ones.
- RETENTION: Retain Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of customers and ensure the Dow Jones R&C products and services address customers' business needs
- RELATIONSHIPS: Build strong relationships with Senior Level customer contacts in order to retain the business and look for expansion opportunities within the R&C solutions.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of good account understanding, understanding clients' businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using and the client's current and developing needs
- SALES REPORTING: Prepare accurate revenue forecasts each month for timely presentation to the Sales Director and Operations Manager.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Organize and co-ordinate the efforts of internal resources necessary to achieve sales goals. These can include colleagues from Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Editorial.
- TEAMWORK: Work on proposals, RFPs, tenders and retention initiatives with the extended team available.
- Identify, qualify, develop and close new business for the entire Risk & Compliance product portfolio to achieve individual New Business Revenue goals.
- Manage existing portfolio of R&C clients to ensure retention and increase contract value.
- Work closely with senior management and marketing to ensure that events, PR, branding and communication supports sales objectives and execution plans.
- Identify and analyse underlying customer business and sales issues in order to match the appropriate Risk & Compliance solution/technology to the customers’ requirements. A solution sales approach is a pre-requisite.
- Maintain relationship with external facilitators such as technology companies providing advisory services to the market
- Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Risk & Compliance business on subjects such as brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluency in English. Arabic an advantage. Degree level education.
- Experience in selling information and/or compliance tools to senior business decision makers.
- Extensive knowledge of compliance regulation across the region and familiarity with R&C solutions available on the market.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects within the R&C market, as well as ability to upsell to existing Dow Jones R&C customers.
- Ability to utilise effective influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed R&C solutions in order to help advance the sales process to the next level.
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about customers’ issues to demonstrate/convey an understanding of it.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or background.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and reprioritise when necessary to ensure revenue goals is achieved.
- This role requires extensive overseas travel to develop sales opportunities and support existing clients