Junior Events Manager - London
Where is it based? – London
• Do you have proven experience in an Events role?
• Do you have the tenacity and professionalism to work in a fast paced environment?
• Do you want to represent the best in the industry?
Who is my manager? - Head of Events
Who are we?
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Financial News, Barron's, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
What is the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team, within the wider European, and Global, Marketing team who produce approximately 30 events per year
What is my personal contribution?
• Sourcing, shortlisting, negotiating and confirming suitable venues along with tendering and confirming suitable vendors with a cost saving focus
• Liaising with editorial and commercial teams for event concept, content, creative and execution
• Full service account management to deliver contracted obligations
• Event communication and management of voting process for Financial News awards
• Guest list management including the management of VIP’s
• Production, creation and proofing of literature, audio visual and online in line with brand guidelines
• Tailoring of events to specific requirements and budgets
• Accountability for audio-visual production concept and theme for new and long running events
• Pre event preparation and live on-site execution, management of event staff and vendors
• Post event analysis – reporting, de-brief meeting, year on year metrics
• General administration - P/O requests, invoice processing, general enquires, ad-hoc tasks
• Support to wider marketing team for various marketing campaigns and third party events
What do you need from me?
• Proven logistical/operational event experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant business qualification
• Ability to work comfortably and confidently, in a team and on occasions, under no supervision.
• Strong, confident and professional telephone and email manner
• Capability to work in a demanding and pressured environment which requires high levels of energy, creativity, and excellent organisational and project management skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office a must, a strong understanding of Excel is desirable.
• Basic level of graphic design and email marketing software advantageous
• Enthusiasm, tenacity, positivity with a good sense of humour
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered to
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted