Senior International Tax Analyst, EMEA
Dow Jones is a global media group and the owner of world famous publications like the Wall Street Journal, Financial News and Barrons newspapers.
The group is part of the NewsCorp group – a global media corporation in the world of diversified news, education and information services. Other parts of the NewsCorp group include household titles such as The Times and The Sun newspapers as well as book publishers Harper Collins.
About the role:
Working within the Dow Jones regional headquarters in London, an opportunity has arisen to join the EMEA Tax Team which provides support, oversight and management of tax affairs for the Dow Jones business spanning more than 15 territories in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Direct Taxation the successful candidate will be part of a global tax team headquartered in the US which forms part of a wider finance network worldwide.
The Senior International Tax Analyst will be responsible for managing the tax compliance and reporting obligations for the Dow Jones businesses in EMEA and working with external advisors in ensuring our tax filing obligations are met and managed.
In addition, the role will provide an opportunity to work on a number of international and commercial tax projects covering areas such as transfer pricing, business restructurings and commercial initiatives such as new product support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of outsourced tax compliance for Dow Jones businesses’ in EMEA. The role will require you to work with external service providers in overseas jurisdictions as well as the Dow Jones EMEA finance team in ensuring the compliance process is run smoothly and that all direct tax obligations (being both filings and payments) are met on time
- Managing the preparation and submission of UK and overseas tax returns, payment of periodic payments on account and final balances, and the response to any tax authority enquiries on submitted returns.
- Working with other NewsCorp businesses in the UK to ensure any UK tax issues common to both parts of the business are managed in real time
- Assisting the Senior Manager in managing all EMEA tax authority audits, negotiating/reaching agreement with the relevant tax authorities
- Developing the relationship between the tax department and the businesses operating in the EMEA region, delivering tax advice to support business initiatives and projects,
- Working with colleagues in the business in dealing with queries from clients on withholding taxes
- Working closely with US colleagues on US tax compliance and US GAAP reporting requirements
- Generate tax forecast and reporting information for quarterly and year-end processes/ cash management,
- Preparing the UK statutory accounts tax disclosures,
- Maintaining a Tax Risk and Controls Register, and carry out periodic testing of the controls,
- Identify and implement process improvements as necessary.
- Ad-hoc projects (M&A, business restructurings, new products / territories, etc.) and ad-hoc planning (commercial contract wording, selling structures, PE management etc.)
- Assisting on a number of Transfer Pricing projects to ensure the business meets its compliance obligations under BEPS
- Working with the in-house legal team to manage the group’s intercompany agreements and review tax clauses in commercial agreements
- Maintain the EMEA transfer pricing documentation file for the Dow Jones entities
- Assist with EMEA transfer pricing policy development & execution
- Perform annual reviews of operations for transfer pricing compliance
- Working with colleagues in the US tax team to ensure they are aware of any developments in the EMEA region which have group implications or which impact on group tax policies,
- Close co-ordination with VAT team on EMEA tax matters
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Ideally ACA/ACCA qualified or part qualified with tax experience. This role does not place any limitations on your experience that you must have worked for a Big 4 accounting firm or a large multinational business. If you have a good understanding of corporate tax issues and feel confident enough to manage the compliance and reporting process for an exciting global business then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate would need to be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following:
- UK corporate tax legislation
- Statutory financial reporting
- Transfer pricing – principles and documentation requirements
- US Reporting experience would be highly desirable
- Ability to own workload, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong organisational skills and have attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to foster a collaborative, team environment
The successful candidate will also need to be enthusiastic and motivated in nature, with a keen desire to broaden existing skill set and achieve progression.
The Dow Jones regional headquarters for EMEA is located in The News Building, next door to the Shard and adjoining both London Bridge and the South Bank.
The News Building houses 4,500 employees in its 17 floors including employees of sister titles The Sun, The Times and Harper Collins books among others.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
Posting Date - 30th October 2017
Closing Date - 28th November 2017