Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a specialist team within the wider Dow Jones organization. We currently employ over 400 staff around the world that solely focus on the development and on-going management of content based solutions, monitoring technology and research services designed to help our global customers meet exacting customer, payments, sourcing and trade finance screening requirements.
Over 4,500 clients globally – both in the financial, corporate and governmental area – are relying on our services for their anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and third party risk management programmes globally.
Position Summary Statement:
As part of our investment plan, we are seeking exceptional business development professional to work in close partnership with the Risk & Compliance Sales, Product and Marketing teams globally as well as the wider Dow Jones sales force.
The prime focus of this role is to grow the Risk & Compliance business in the UK with the possibility of expanding into Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Based in London, with extensive travel across the region, the Sales Specialist, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance roles is responsible for managing the complete solutions sales cycle for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance suite or products and services.
The Sales Specialist will drive new business revenue through any combination of the following activities:
- Grow aggressively revenue for the R&C business across the region through new clients and by cross-selling/upselling existing ones.
- Participate in, lead and coach the sales process
- Engage with regulators and other thought leaders across the region
- Speak regularly at industry events
- Educate the sales teams about the Risk & Compliance market dynamics, competition and develop effective positioning and knowledge for success
- Work with the sales teams to devise and implement territory business plans in order to identify growth opportunities and retain business.
- Contribute to or lead the writing of any proposal, statement of work or technical document relating the products
- Participate in, lead or coach the negotiation of terms, conditions, or price leading to closure of the contract
- Work with sales to prospect into organisations who could gain value from the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance solutions
- Other activities, tactics and behaviors as directed by management
- Identify, qualify, develop and close new business for the entire Risk & Compliance product portfolio to achieve individual New Business Revenue and overall Group revenue goals.
- Work as a support member for the Dow Jones Direct Sales and Strategic Sales teams across the region accelerating sales opportunities through the Dow Jones sales process.
- Work closely with marketing management to ensure that events, PR, branding and communication supports sales objectives and execution plans.
- Identify and analyse underlying customer business and sales issues in order to match the appropriate Risk & Compliance solution/technology to the customers’ requirements. A solution sales approach is a pre-requisite.
- Maintain relationship with external facilitators such as technology companies providing advisory services to the market
- Maintain records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales campaigns in the global CRM to provide timely management information.
- Educate the sales team in developing and implementing both territory plans and individual strategic account plans to expand Dow Jones’ presence within the compliance & risk segment.
- Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Risk & Compliance business on subjects such as brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluency in English. Second language desirable. Degree level education or experience in lieu thereof.
- Experience in selling information and/or compliance tools to senior business decision makers.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as ability to upsell to existing Dow Jones customers within a team selling environment.
- Ability to utilise effective influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed solutions in order to help advance the sales process to the next level.
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about customers’ issues to demonstrate/convey an understanding of it.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or background.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and reprioritise when necessary to ensure revenue goals is achieved.
- This role requires extensive overseas travel to develop sales opportunities and support existing clients