Account Manager, Norway & Poland
Where is it based?
- Do you have proven experience a developing new business opportunities?
- Have you experience of successfully managing and developing client accounts?
- Are you fluent in English, Polish and preferably Norwegian? (both written and verbal)?
- Do you want to grow your career with a world leader?
If so, this exciting position may be just what you are looking for.
Who is my manager?
Head of Sales, Northern & Eastern Europe, Dow Jones Professional Information Business
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role?
The company strongly relies on its Business-to-Business activities with an entity dedicated to Institutional Sales, combining the world’s most trusted content with advanced technologies to provide the most relevant business and financial news to financial firms, Government, Media and Corporate entities.
The company is now looking to reinforce its Institutional Sales organization in Sweden with someone able to tackle two under-penetrated territories, being Norway and Poland. Joining that group, your main responsibility as an Account Manager will be to further strengthen our client’s market position in those two geographies, actively seeking for new business opportunities and developing and retaining a portfolio of accounts with some of the top Corporate & Financial institutions in those two countries. From a market perspective, you will not be un-armed. We are one of the market leader within the Risk Compliance Business, having delivered doubled digit-growth year-on year for at least the last five years. We are also launching now a new platform to increase our content capabilities and presence into the “big data” market, one of the hottest topics in the media industry at the moment!
What is my personal contribution?
You will be responsible for:
- Growing the revenue within the assigned territory, with a focus on closing new business revenue at established key prospects and within key strategic verticals;
- Retaining and growing revenue from existing business (cross-selling);
- Building and maintaining key relationships across all accounts and at all levels and functions, negotiating preferably at senior levels in the company.
- Based on strategic account analysis and territory planning, develop and implement tactical initiatives, proposals and offers to “operationalize” the sales plan. Liaise with marketing to develop creative campaigns and manage local marketing initiatives.
- Gathering of, and internally communicate, information relating to market development, competitors and client requirements.
- Be able to spot and report to the Organization and especially to the Product Management teams, customers’ feedback or potential market moves that could have an impact on our go-to-market strategies.
What do you need from me?
B2B sales experience with the proven ability to network complex organizations and demonstrate solid analytical skills to identify and articulate customers’ needs, expectations and business priorities.
- High level of initiative, discipline and self-motivation with a strong track-record at generating new revenue amongst pure prospects (new business sales) or through existing clients (cross-selling).
- Ability to stay informed and up-to-date on industry trends, the competition and ever evolving technology to better unleash and seize new business opportunities.
- A background within the on-line business information industry or acquired through a major player within the Risk & Compliance sphere or within the SaaS Industry would be an appropriate profile for this position. Good knowledge of the Financial and Energy markets as a vertical will be a strong plus.
- Proactive, with a “can do” attitude, able to work in a small team environment and to adapt to a fast-changing market space. Good planning and organization skills.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working with people of diverse culture or background. This role requires regular travels within the assigned territory in Norway and Poland.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, oral and written communication. Fluency in both written and verbal English is essential. Norwegian or Polish is a strong plus.
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both professionally and personally with a wide range of benefits offered by a global company operating into some of the fastest growing segments in the media industry.