The Strategic Services team provides key strategic functions across Data Strategy, including Business Management, Content Strategy, Metadata Management, Quality and Solutions. The Strategic Services group houses all non-research capabilities within Data Strategy.
The Quality group is comprised of all post production quality teams drawn from all different areas unified to ensure best practices are established and maintained. They will be focused on:
- Post-product quality management
- Oversight & governance of quality standards
- Coordination of quality monitoring
- Feedback & remedial action
- Quality process & guidelines
The Quality Analyst, R&C reports to the Manager, R&C Quality, based in Barcelona. The individual will be part of Strategic Service’s Quality team.
This role will embed with the various global R&C research teams to develop and implement quality, timeliness and completeness monitoring programmes across the content sets in the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance database.
- Develop and implement quality control best practices across a range of content sets in the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance database.
- Identify, communicate, and correct deviations of quality standards.
- Ensure Risk & Compliance meets client requirements in terms of content quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness by establishing and monitoring standards.
- Maintain a portfolio of records in either the People or Company content sets
- Conduct Due Diligence research and write reports on ad hoc basis. Including systematic and exhaustive searches on Dow Jones Factiva products and publicly-available sources and writing reports in English according to prescribed guidelines.
Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Fluency in English and at least one other language, with knowledge of Italian, Russian or Spanish an advantage
- Prior experience of working with one or more Risk & Compliance content sets in a research or editorial capacity is essential.
- Advanced SQL, Advanced Microsoft Access, Advanced Microsoft Excel (macros and VBA a plus, but not required)
- Familiarity with Dow Jones Professional Information Business (PIB) suite of products, including Factiva, Newswires and Risk and Compliance
- Strong proofreading skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team and to build and maintain strong working relationships with both Quality Team members and members of the wider Data Strategy research teams.
- Experience and technical skills relating to devising and implementing workflow solutions a significant advantage
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel; deep knowledge of Google Sheets