The Strategic Services team provides key strategic functions across Data Strategy, including Business Management, Content Strategy, Metadata Management, Quality and Solutions. The Strategic Services group houses all non-research capabilities within Data Strategy.
The Quality group is comprised of all post production quality teams drawn from all different areas unified to ensure best practices are established and maintained. They will be focused on:
- Post-product quality management
- Oversight & governance of quality standards
- Coordination of quality monitoring
- Feedback & remedial action
- Quality process & guidelines
The Manager, R&C Quality reports to the Director, Quality, based in Barcelona. The individual will be part of Strategic Service’s Quality team.
This role will oversee a global team comprised of R&C Quality Analysts that will embed with the various Risk & Compliance research teams to create, maintain and oversee quality standards in addition to providing feedback and guidance to ensure process adherence.
- Work closely with the Quality Managers of C&E, Private Markets and Content to ensure best-practices are shared, applied and adopted globally.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Data Strategy research teams to provide direction and guidance of quality standards while successfully identifying, communicating, and correcting deviations.
- Actively participate in Product meetings to understand customer needs and requirements and keep informed of upcoming product releases to develop and maintain effective quality control processes.
- Manage and develop team of Quality Analysts focused on a unified approach to quality standards across Data Strategy.
- Ensure team is sufficiently communicating and addressing project risks
- Oversee definition, measurement and reporting of relevant Quality Control Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work with your team to maximize team’s opportunity for career growth.
- Coordinate project assignments and delegation, perform reviews, and continually train and implement quality control
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of R&C research team operations and processes required.
- Advanced SQL, Advanced Microsoft Access, Advanced Microsoft Excel (macros and VBA a plus, but not required)
- Excellent communicator
- Top notch organizational skills
- Supporting and capable of conveying change
- Able to distill and prioritize tasks as well as get buy in on both of those aspects from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Quick thinker, able to make fast paced decisions and drive conversations to decision making efficiently
- Familiarity with Dow Jones Professional Information Business (PIB) suite of products, including Factiva, Newswires and Risk and Compliance
- Excellent editorial skills, including writing, editing and proofreading.
- Experience in customer and vendor contact
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to high quality standards
- A bachelor’s degree preferred